1. Hey Jude, Beatles
2. Love is Blue, Paul Mauriat
3. Honey, Bobby Goldsboro
4. (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding
5. People Got to be Free, The Rascals
6. Sunshine of Your Love, Cream
7. This Guys in Love With You, Herb Alpert
8. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Hugh Montenegro
9. Mrs. Robinson, Simon and Garfunkle
10. Tighten Up, Archie Bell and the Drells
I was 12 and I thought Love is Blue was insipid but pretty. Kind of the same with Honey. Hated Herb Alpert.
The rest of this list is A and B list to THIS day. Soft stuff, not rocking except for Cream, but solid. Real songs, not product.
The question is whether one likes these tunes because they first heard them when they were 12, sleeping outside at night so they could listen to their portable transistor radios without getting scolded or told to go to sleep. Certainly my affection for Honey is sentimental. Really sentimental.